NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THE NWT TOURISM SPECTACULAR SAHTU CONTEST (“The contest”).
The contest runs from 12: 01 am June 22, 2017 Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) through 11:59 pm MST, July 2, 2017. Any entries received after 11:59 pm MST, July 2, 2017 will not be considered valid. All applicable provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations apply.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Enter by completing the online entry form available on the Spectacular NWT website at www.nwtsecrets.com/EnterToWin
2. Enter by sharing a photo taken at the Spectacular NWT photo booth at the Ottawa Jazz Festival between June 30 – July 2, 2017. Share your photo of you paddling the Broken Skull River (we provide the river and the canoe in our booth) in the Sahtu Region on social media and use the hashtag #SpectacularNWT.
WEB ENTRIES: Fill out a Contest web entry form at www.nwtsecrets.com/EnterToWin One entry per person, per email address. Web entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries and requests become the property of the NWT Tourism (NWTT) and will not be returned or acknowledged. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will result in disqualification.
SOCIAL MEDIA ENTRIES: Sharing your photo for an additional entry must be taken using the photo display at the Spectacular NWT tent at the Ottawa Jazz Festival which will be available between June 30 – July 2, 2017. All photos shared will be considered to have been made by the owner of the social media account, as registered with the social media platform. Entries may be made from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. There can only be one entry per platform from a user. The same photo may be shared by multiple accounts for entry, as long as the user sharing it is in the photo. NWTT retains the right to not enter any photo not deemed to be within the spirit and intent of the content and does not reflect positively on NWTT or the Northwest Territories.
WINNERS: Winners of the Super Prize will be notified first via their email address or social media account on July 4th, 2017. The prize winner must contact NWT Tourism to verify their win by July 15th, 2017. Travel needs to be completed by September 1, 2018 and booked 30 days in advance.
Contest Terms and Conditions
- Winner must be a legal resident of Canada and must have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence prior to June 22, 2017. Contest is not valid in Quebec. Residents of the Northwest Territories are not eligible to win prizes, but are encouraged to participate in promoting the contest on social media as ambassadors for the NWT;
- Winner must not be an employee, a representative, or an agent of NWT Tourism or Air Canada and their subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising and promotional agencies;
- Winner must not be a member of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they are domiciled) of any of the aforementioned, and persons with whom any of the aforementioned are domiciled;
- Travel is permitted only on the regularly scheduled flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express carriers (not valid on Star Alliance partners or code sharing carriers);
- Pre-selected cities you can fly from include: Halifax, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
- Prize winners agree to permit the sponsors to publish individual winner names and the winner’s current province or territory of residence.
- Super Prize Package winners travel is valid until September 1, 2018 and is subject to space availability at time of booking. The Super Prize Package is awarded as a trip for two, based on double occupancy and cannot be taken separately. Please allow a minimum of 30-days advance booking.
- No changes permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed;
- Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program;
- All applicable fees (such as airport/departure taxes, security charges or third party fees, taxes or charges) are included;
- Prizes cannot be sold, converted into cash, are non-transferable and will not be refunded if unused. Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted;
- The use of upgrade certificates is not permitted for flights;
- Promotional pass recipients may be held liable to Air Canada for failure to adhere to the restrictions and conditions of travel applicable to their tickets or for the fraudulent use of those tickets.
- NWT Tourism, Air Canada, or their agencies, representatives, Directors, colleagues, direct or indirect family members, or estates will not be responsible for a) technical malfunctions including telephone, computer, or network malfunction, lost/delayed data transmissions, incomplete, incomprehensible, or any erased transmissions; b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsors including disruption related to Internet traffic, virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; or c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from entrant’s access to the NWT Spectacular website. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest, or whom the Sponsors believes to be causing any malfunction, error, disruption, or damage may be disqualified. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any unauthorized Internet entries, including, without limitation: more than one entry per email address, or entries made through robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such a method.
- No compensation will be provided due to missed flights, delays, loss of luggage, or health issues related to contest travel, accommodations, meals, other incidents, or acts of unforeseen/ unfortunate circumstance. Winners are responsible for all travel insurance, and required airline travel documentation.
The following are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of the prize winner:
- Any and all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, meals and beverages, services charges, in-flight meals and entertainments, any checked baggage fees;
- Costs incurred to and from the airport departure point located in one of the contest’s pre-selected cities given the Prize awarded originates and terminates there;
- Obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired or required; and
- Obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas and complying with customs immigration regulations.
If submitting an entry via social media, the user is giving permission for NWTT to share that content from their own social media accounts, but the user retains ownership of that content.