Due to COVID-19, border restrictions are in place. LEARN MORE
NORTHWEST TERRITORIES TOURISM – "Something Here will change you" Contest (The "Contest")
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE "CONTEST RULES").
CONTEST PERIOD & CONTEST ORGANIZER
- The Contest is held by Northwest Territories Tourism and runs from Wednesday January 1st, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") until Tuesday March 31st, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET (the "Contest Period").
- The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of Northwest Territories Tourism (the "Sponsor"), its affiliated companies or agents, advertising and promotion agencies.
HOW TO ENTER
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must:
- Participate in one of the Northwest Territories Tourism ("NWTT") events/experiences, including but not limited to The VR Car Experience, and/or VR Trade Show Experience.
- Complete the contest entry application and media release forms
- Provide a video response to two (2) questions asked by NWTT on-site staff
LIMITS ON ENTRY
- You will receive two (2) Entries in the Contest when you participate in on or more of the NWTT events as described above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (2) Entries PER PERSON DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you participate in an event). If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than twice during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR NAME AND PHOTO/VIDEO) MAY BE POSTED ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR'S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF INSTAGRAM AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
ODD OF WINNING PRIZES
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
- On Wednesday April 20th, 2020, in Mississauga, Ontario, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, three (3) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by telephone and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by telephone within one (1) calendar week of notification. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) calendar week of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which:
- confirms compliance with the contest rules;
- releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant's participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and
- grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant's name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar week of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize: There will be four (4) grand prizes available to be won, consisting of a trip for two (2) to the Northwest Territories (approximate retail value $8,500.00 (CDN)) ("Grand Prize"). Prizing includes five (5) nights' accommodations, two (2) meals and two (2) tourism activities to be determined at the time of booking.
- Fulfillment of the Prize will commence within three-hundred and sixty-five (365) days of being confirmed as a winner, via contact by the Contest Organizer's representative.
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by the Contest Organizer in its sole and absolute discretion). The winner is not entitled to the monetary difference between the actual prize value and stated approximate retail value, if any. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a Prize or a component thereof with an item or items of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but at the Contest Organizer's sole and absolute discretion, a cash award.
- The Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their respective employees, representatives, agents, partners, shareholders, officers and directors (the "Released Parties"), shall not be held liable with respect to the malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line, with respect to the loss or lack of network communication, or any faulty, incomplete, or incomprehensible transmission or transmission deleted by any computer or network which could limit or prevent any person from entering the Contest. The above-mentioned persons shall in addition not be held liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Web page, software, etc., or by the transmission of any information related to the participation in the Contest.
- By entering this Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any responsibility regarding bodily harm, loss or any damages whatsoever, caused by their participation or their attempt to participate in the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize.
Subject to what is otherwise provided in these Contest Rules, any decision by the Contest Organizer or its representatives is final and without appeal. Entrants agree to respect the eligibility criteria and Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, entrants attest to having read and accepted these Contest Rules.
- Entrants' personal information collected for the purposes of this Contest will be used solely for the administering of this Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and void where prohibited. Except for Quebec residents, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Contest Organizer in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the provinces of Ontario, Calgary and Vancouver including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
- By entering this Contest, the winner authorizes the Contest Organizer and its representatives, to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, likeness, place of residence, voice and/or statements regarding his/her prize for advertising purposes, without any compensation or notice whatsoever.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a person or to cancel the entry of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants. Such a person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of the Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should there be any such attempts, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant's entry and obtain legal or equitable relief under applicable laws.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right at all times at its sole discretion, , to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Organizer that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause.
- In no event shall the Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of material and services related to this Contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives be required to award more prizes than the number of Prizes indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form. It is this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entry, Entry Form and/or entrant with these Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Organizer, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules, or for any other reason.