Mackay Lake Lodge
Travel to the barrenlands, the Land of the Midnight Sun, home of the Aurora Borealis -- unchanged wilderness since the beginning of time. Mackay Lake Lodge is situated on a gravel esker mid-way along 160 km Mackay Lake. In the heart of the Barrenlands, there is some of the best fishing in the world under the midnight sun from the end of June until September.
Mackay Lake Lodge is the perfect place to see the Aurora - away from city lights and in the vast wilderness of the Northwest Territories.
Charter flights go from Yellowknife to the lodge on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Overnight Monday and Tuesday and fly back to Yellowknife Wednesday or overnight Wednesday and Thursday fly back to Yellowknife Friday. 2 nights, 3 days: $1950 plus GST
Weekend stay: overnight at the lodge on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and fly back to Yellowknife Monday. 3 nights 4 days $2250 plus GST
- Charter flights from Yellowknife return,
- Semi private cabin accommodations for couples or shared up to 4 persons,
- Meals including northern cuisine buffet, group pot variety, and shore lunches cooked on open fires.
- Night time aurora viewing from the lodge
- Day time boating, fishing and wildlife viewing
- Day time hiking, wildlife viewing and berry picking
- Daytime shore lunch with boat trip or cook out at camp TeePee
Our conference facilities can accommodate up to 24 people. We have a 1,066 metre gravel runway.