Offer Date: June 15th, 2020 - August 28, 2020
Paddle one of the longest rivers in the world: the Mackenzie River, a life changing 12 day, northern Canada canoe, culture and wilderness adventure! On this tour you will take a step back in time and canoe the same “big river” the local Indigenous people have been using for hundreds and hundreds of years.
Highlights include taking a scenic 300km road trip from Yellowknife to the small Indigenous community of Fort Providence, visiting Indigenous communities, meeting local residents and learning about our Indigenous culture, and of course canoeing the same river as Alexander Mackenzie and his men did over 230 yrs ago in 1789!
If you’re looking to do your own paddling adventure into the wilderness of northern Canada, and wanting to experience genuine Indigenous culture, then these canoeing packages are for you! Choose our traditional voyageur canoe option and paddle with up to 8 other guests in our 29-ft canoes, or paddle in tandem in our more popular 17.5-ft 2-man canoe option. Bookings should be made 60 days before tour package date.
- Indigenous Guides
- Genuine Indigenous culture and traditional foods
- Paddle 265km on one of the longest rivers in the world!
- 6 relaxing nights camping on the shores of the Mackenzie River
- 2 overnight camp visits by local Indigenous leaders
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Yellowknife
- 1 night stay at Dene culture camp on Mackenzie River
- 2 night hotel accommodation in Indigenous communities
- 629km road trip on Mackenzie Highway back to Yellowknife
- Flight tour into Nahanni National Park (Optional)
- See world’s biggest wild wood bison
- All river meals and snacks included
- North Star Photo and Video Memory Package
- North Star Adventure Hoodie, Hat and Water Bottle
An incredible once in a lifetime northern Canada adventure by a 100% Indigenous owned and operated tour company, we are from the North, we know the North. Email us today or visit our website for more information.