The NWT is open to leisure travel. See information on COVID-19 travel guidelines
Located close to the waterfront, at the north end of the village of Fort Simpson, the historic Lafferty House is an excellent example of original Métis architecture. This one-and-a-half storey, squared-log dwelling was built circa 1929 by Jim Lafferty and his father. Its heritage value comes not just from its relatively good condition, but also its unbroken association with a proud Métis family who have been in the Fort Simpson area since 1790.