Skip to main content
Home Attraction The Old Anglican Church

The Old Anglican Church

This restored log church is one of the oldest buildings in the Northwest Territories. Constructed in 1880 by Anglican missionaries, the single-storey church features a gable roof and wooden steeple. The dovetailed log structure is an excellent example of the architectural style of the time, as well as the fine craftsmanship of builders working under harsh northern conditions. Visitors to Tulita can find the old church on the former Hudson’s Bay lot in the historic centre of this small Sahtu community.