Offer Date: Starting August 29th, 2020 - September 3rd, 2020
Aurora, Wildlife and Autumn on the barrens. Does it get any better? Your Arctic Photography Adventure takes place during prime aurora viewing season which, also happens to correspond with the changing colors of the barrens (a unique feature in and of itself) and seasonal wildlife migrations.
Suitable for all levels of photographers, from aspiring to professional, this multi-day photography package will provide you with the opportunity to see the northern lights, look for Arctic wildlife (such as caribou, grizzly bears, wolves, wolverine etc.), migratory birds, while enhancing your photography skills with the equipment you have.
Known as the best place in the world to view the aurora you will have five nights of opportunity to photograph the northern lights. Ideally situated under the aurora oval, Peterson's Point Lake Lodge is miles away from crowds and light pollution providing the ideal setting for northern lights photography. The sweeping landscapes and lakeside location is perfect for capturing reflections. Enjoy this uncrowded and beautiful setting to experiment with different camera settings or just sit back and enjoy the show.
During your stay you will explore the Arctic landscape, hiking and/or travelling by boat to scout for wildlife and search out intricate macro compositions. Our professional guides, with years of spotting experience, will scout wildlife on daily group excursions with a focus on safety. Upon your return from your full day excursions a freshly prepared meal awaits, where local ingredients are often incorporated into the menu.
- Celebratory continental breakfast prior to your charter float plane flight
- Scenic return charter float plane flight to Peterson's Point Lake Lodge
- Five nights accommodations at Peterson's Point Lake Lodge
- Five nights of aurora viewing/photography
- Three delicious meals per day
- Professional photo leader Cheryl Stewart.
- Guided Daily Excursions (including fishing option*)
- Photographic tutorials & hands on instruction
- Image reviews, critiques and post processing in Adobe Lightroom
- Fun, creative and a AMAZING Time!
- Lodge Gear including: rubber boots & life jackets
- Personalized shuttle to and from the Yellowknife airport, hotel & float base
- Small group with like-minded people
- Booking assistance for Yellowknife Hotel/Accommodations (pre and post trip to PPLL)
- Booking assistance for add-on tour options
We encourage you to arrive in Yellowknife a day or two before to your flight to the lodge. There are add-on tours available to ensure you get the most out of your trip. For more information, please visit our website or give us a call.