USD + GST + Per Person
We are based from a comfortable remote wildlife lodge. We are located on arctic eskers for key viewing opportunities, that have strategic water crossings for the animals, wolf dens are built in the sandier areas, travel with us to the Northwest Territories Barrenlands for an incredible wildlife wilderness adventures. We will be out on naturalist tours, photo tours, fishing and viewing from boats. You will experience zero light pollution to enjoy the dancing Northern lights, known as Aurora Borealis.
The tundra is iridescent with fall colours, you will see berries that you can pick and enjoy, and the vistas are breathtaking in the fall. Enjoy the diverse beauty and adventures of the amazing Arctic at the peak of fall with the animals gathering for their fall breeding, the spawning fish, hiking on the eskers to enjoy the vistas and at night seeing the skies lite up with Northern Lights.
We are limiting this package at our Courageous Lake lodge to groups of 10 to ensure a personalized experience. You can see by the dates that availability is limited.
You arrive in Yellowknife, and overnight in this spectacular northern city. The next day your adventure begins as you head to Air Tindi (LINK TO AIR TINDI) float plane dock and your air transportation from Yellowknife to our Courageous lodge on the Barrenlands with a 180 miles (290 km) north flight to the lodge. When you leave the lodge plan to overnight in Yellowknife.
Warm and personalized, with lodge facilities and a heated cabin per every two guests at Courageous; accommodations with a central eating and gathering facility.
Tour the eskers. The Eskers actually run prominently thru Courageous lake then travels west of Courageous towards the Coppermine river. You will find the eskers to be breath-taking. These eskers have been used for centuries by the caribou and ancient hunters who followed them. You never know what you will find.
Courageous lake is a absolutely perfect spot to relax and enjoy the Northern Lights. There is no light pollution, you can enjoy the show while enjoying a beverage and snacks.
At Courageous lake, Arctic wolves and wolverines are fairly common as they hunt the area around Courageous, this is the main travel migration corridor for the Bathurst caribou herd. Keep your eyes peeled for a beautiful Barren Ground grizzly bear. Because this is a dense area for caribou all the animals that survive off the caribou follow the herds. This provides opportunity to see these animals in the wild.
The 5 star trophy lake trout fishing at Courageous lake is incredible for lake trout and arctic grayling. While fishing wildlife viewing opportunities will present. It’s a great way to combine to great activities that get you out on the Barrenlands.
Based on double occupancy
$11,995 USD Per Person
Terms and Conditions
Not included in your trip cost
• GST government taxes are extra
• All prices based on Double Occupancy
• Fishing Licenses plus GST, fishing licenses can be purchased online or at the lodge.
• A deposit of 50% for Canadian Wildlife Adventure trips is due within 7 days to confirm reservation.
• Visa and Mastercard are accepted with an additional cost of the companies 3% fee.
• All payments are non-refundable.
• Surcharges may be applied for currency fluctuations and fuel price increases.
• Full payments for August and September, trips are due by May 15, 2023.
• Payments not received by that time will automatically be considered a cancellation.
• Any reservation made after May 15, 2023, requires payment in full in order to confirm reservation.
• Prices and conditions are subject to change without notice.
• Trips cancelled because of late ice out must be rescheduled the same calendar year.
• We strongly recommend the purchase of trip insurance.
• Trip Insurance should be purchased within 7 days of reservation.
• Global Rescue provides for health incident rescue at a very reasonable cost and we certainly hope you will never need to use this service. But if you do it removes tremendous stress, chartering a plane to extract you or a family member is very expensive. We have a link to Global Rescue on our website and all clients are required to have emergency evacuation insurance. We require proof of coverage. The NWT or our lodges do not provide or pay for medical evacuation services.
• All payments and cancellations are nonrefundable.
• Cancellations that can be resold will be credited to the following year as per the amount of resale.
• Guests using any Aylmer Lake Lodge equipment, including boats and motors, without the services of a guide in the boat, are responsible for any damage incurred and damages at landed cost must be paid prior to departure from camp.
• Fishing rods, tackle, nets if damaged, lost or broken must be paid for at landed cost must be paid prior to leaving.
• Aylmer Lake Lodge makes every effort to serve our guests, but will assume no responsibility or liability for any hazard of any kind associated with your trip.
• Neither is there any obligation nor responsibility assumed for any mechanical, political, meteorological, climactic, health events, or other event, or for the services of transportation companies, contractors, or other principals for which Aylmer Lake Lodge acts as agents.