The NWT is open to leisure travel. See information on COVID-19 travel guidelines
Offer Date: December 21, 2022 - April 13, 2023
Welcome to Blachford Lake Lodge.
Your home away from home in the serene, Canadian north. Blachford sparkles like diamonds in the winter, set in the untouched wilderness of Northern Canada in superb Aurora-watching country. Many miles from roads or civilization, the lodge provides many of the benefits of a luxury hotel.
Our lodge is the only fly-in wilderness resort located on Blachford Lake, a 25-minute (100 km) bush plane flight from Yellowknife. We have scheduled departure days: Sunday, Wednesday and Friday. Most of our flights depart Yellowknife at 10 am and return to Yellowknife by 11:45 am.
Accommodations at Blachford Lake Lodge include five guest bedrooms in the main lodge and five cozy log cabins – all include daily housekeeping, towels, and down duvets. All five of the hand-built log cabins are fully equipped with a wood or pellet stove, en-suite toilets, washbasins and electricity and are within a few minutes walk from the main lodge. Our main lodge facilities include a dining room, conference room, Aurora-viewing lounge, bar, full kitchen, showers and full bathrooms, fireplaces, sauna, hot tub, and open decks for Aurora viewing – all the amenities of a "world-class" lodge. Our hot tub is the perfect place to sit back in the evening and watch the northern lights dance overhead!
The bathrooms in the lodge are shared, with hot showers and high-tech composting toilets. Being so far from town, we create/supply all our own electricity, water, heating and waste/garbage disposal. We are committed to doing this in the eco-friendliest manner, generating solar power and using technology such as composting toilets.
Sparkling white snow, and lake ice you can see through, will make you feel like a kid again. Let our staff pamper you with terrific meals and a level of winter activity designed just for you. Everyone loves "Maple Taffy on Snow" - a delicious maple treat hand crafted and served in front of you. Through the day; snowshoe, cross country ski, build an igloo or go out ice fishing. Relax with your favourite beverage in the early evening before sitting down to a wonderful dinner. Later, on clear nights, the Aurora may dance overhead. Marvel up at the skies from one of our decks, from our hot tub, or snuggled under a duvet in your room. We even offer a middle of the night wake up service to catch the Northern lights at their best.
Come and enjoy the best of Canada’s Northern wilderness, with the comfort of a resort, and enjoy the best Aurora viewing lodge North of 60!
- Flightseeing charter Yellowknife - Blachford - Yellowknife
- Lodge or cabin accommodation
- Welcome orientation
- All meals
- All snacks
- Coffee, tea, juice
- Use of hot tub and sauna
- Handicraft workshop in the lodge
- Igloo/Quinzhee building (weather condition-dependent)
- Introduction and hints about aurora photography
- Use of Lodge Facilities: Dining room, Aurora lounge, fireplaces, northern library, bathrooms with showers, basins and toilets, hot tub, sauna, open decks
- Use of seasonal equipment (cross country skis, snowshoes, groomed 2-6 km trails, fat tire bikes, fire pits, skates, ice fishing gear)
- Basic wifi package (250 MB/day, additional internet packages available for purchase)
- Aurora Watch service nightly
- Yoga equipment
- Two hour interpretative experience each day
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- 3 Nights / 4 Days
Activities Included (but Not Limited To):
- Cross country skiing
- Winter hiking
- Ice fishing
- Net fishing
- Hockey games
- Fat tire biking
- Aurora viewing
- Photography tips
- Hand salve making
- Dream catcher making
- Kick sledding
- Wildlife tracks
- Hot tub/sauna enjoyment
- Viewpoints for all visual artists
- Igloo building
- Winter camping
- Snowmobiling (additional cost)
- 3 nights (Sunday to Wednesday): $1,980
- 4 nights (Wednesday to Sunday): $2,310
- 7 nights (starting Sunday or Wednesday): $2,970
- All rates are per person and are quoted in Canadian dollars. Please add 5% goods and services tax and 10% gratuities.
- Single supplement requests (private, single occupancy) add 25% to the package rate
- Please double check with our office for availability prior to booking your flights in/out of your home city and Yellowknife.
For more information, give us a call or visit our website.